Pages

Interview: Carol Emshwiller on "The Abominable Child's Tale" (2010)

Charles Tan: Hi! Thanks for agreeing to do the interview. What's is it about "fuzzy people" that interests you? What made you decide to finally use Big Foot?

Carol Emshwiller: Fuzzy people? and why big foot? Those questions go together for me. I don't think I have any special feelings for "fuzzy" people, but I do have for big foot and have for a long time. I love the idea of people who have avoided us all this time and who live in the mountains. They're smart and wild at the same time. I want them to be beautiful, too. I liked using teenagers in my story because they're more reckless, they try all sorts of things, and they have an innocence and acceptance of things (OK, so you're a big foot), that I wanted to use in the story.

CONTINUE READING

No comments:

Post a Comment